Maria Island Indulgence Package
There are few places as special as Maria Island. This extraordinary national park, located a short distance off the coast of Triabunna, is a blend of World-Heritage-listed, convict-era architecture, early 20th century industrial heritage, diverse and beautiful natural landscapes and abundant, protected wildlife.
When you step onto Maria Island a sense of freedom washes over you and the “unplugged” magic of the Island becomes immediately apparent. The Island creates a childlike desire to just wander and explore what is a natural playground filled with wonders to discover. There are no shops or vehicles on the Island.
*Please note this is for November 2016-April 2017.
- Two nights accommodation for two people at The Stable, the Farm Pod or The Storekeeper’s including:
- Full breakfast provisions
- Bottle of local east coast wine on arrival
- Full day cruise with East Coast Cruises on the Spirit of Maria Island departing from the marina at Triabunna, just 20 minutes drive from Twamley Farm at Buckland. Cruise departs at 9.30am and returns at 5pm.
- Enjoy a day exploring Maria Island in comfort and style. With the expert and knowledgeable guides from East Coast Cruises you will discover the magical layers of Maria Island. From cruising with dolphins, whales and seals to discovering inaccessible caves within the fossil cliffs, to exploring the world heritage convict site at the Darlington settlement.
- You cruise includes a Tasmanian gourmet lunch of smoked salmon, fresh salads, cheese platters, dips and a complimentary glass of local east coast cool climate wine as you anchor off a deserted beach or cove.
- Your day concludes with time to explore the historic buildings of Darlington, take one of the many short walks, enjoy getting up close to the wildlife or just relax and swim/snorkel at the pristine white sand beach near the Darlington jetty.
- Choose from one of three full day cruises:
- Cruise to Ile des Phoques (Island of Seals)
- Cruise to Riedle Bay on the east coast of Maria Island
- A full circumnavigation of Maria Island with lunch at Riedle Bay
Farm Pod $750, The Storekeeper’s $750, The Stable $840 (incl. GST).
Please contact Angela at Twamley Farm to book your Maria Island Indulgence Package.
Mobile: 0439 114 996